Friday, March 26, 2010

Bob Ross is Actually the Root of My Inspiration??

Remember watching that old guy with the affrow painting a beautiful landscape from start to finish all within a 30 minute time frame? Amazing right? To me it was, and frankly still is, even though I know all the secrets to how he did it. Bob Ross, believe it or not, was one of my first inspirations, and even though I don't use the same techniques he uses, i learned a great deal on how to paint different aspects of a landscape I.e. trees, bushes, buildings and even mixing colors on the pallet.
A lot of people will tell you that his style is considered "cheating" in the art world, but I'm here to tell you that if you know what to look for, a beginner artist can take away a plethora of useful information and will be able to apply it to their own unique style.
Even though I don't use his particular techniques when it comes to putting a painting on canvas, I am really glad I watched him and learned some of the bare basics that has really helped me to develop as a traditional style oil painter.



No comments:

Post a Comment