Friday, March 26, 2010

Why do I paint?

It would be easy for me to sit here and tell you a list of reasons why I sit in my basement pondering what I can throw on a canvas next, and why I choose oil paint as the medium of my choice. I think, however, the more important question to start out this blog, is why do I even stay driven to paint at all. I have been faithfully oil painting since 2007, but I have been interested in art all my life. I probably have made $150 in total earnings from my art and I have spent much more than that on supplies. Why do I continue to try? You might sit there and think, well, maybe this guys art isn't good enough?? I'll go ahead and tell you to visit my website, www.emoilart.webs.com and you'll find out very quickly that I'm not bad at all. WHY DO I STAY DRIVEN? I love it. Plain and simple. I get a thrill every time I see another one of my finished products. I tell myself every time that "you have got a lot to work on, but your getting better." My question to you, the reader, WHY DO YOU STAY DRIVEN? What keeps you putting paint on the canvas, despite not going anywhere with it. IF you have made money, can you drop some advice for a fellow artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment